All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Sunday, May 22

Inadvertantly Tagged

Since when can you be tagged by just reading a blog? But, that is what I should expect for reading Paperback Writer. Her blog is just like her novels, continually surprising and contstantly breaking the "rules". I shouldn't complain, it's her brutal honesty that draws me to her novels.

So here goes:

Total number of books I own: It's approaching the 1,000 mark. I have almost as many different authors as I do books. Yes, I am smug!

Last books I bought:

Non-fiction-Uncle John's Ahh-Inspiring Bathroom Reader by the Bathroom Reader's Institute

Fiction-Acorna's Triumph by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth A. Scarborough,
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams,
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (audio book),
If Angels Burn : A Novel of the Darkyn by Lynn Viehl,
Tinker by Wen Spencer

Last books I read:
See above and add The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown,
Kris Lognkife: Mutineer and Kris Longknife: Deserter by Mike Shepherd


Five books that mean a lot to me:
Rama Series by Arthur C. Clarke,

This series first showed me that there are alternative meanings to most things that we take as truths.

The Republic by Plato,

Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates taught me that logic is sometimes the only way to see truth.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom,

Talk about rekindling spiritualitly. This book did it for me.

Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce,

A wonderful story proving that girls don't have to take the socially accepted route.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley,

Horror story set in Utopia. Want to see the dangers of conforming? I learned appreciation of diversity while reading it.

Is everyone happy now? Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home