All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Sunday, August 21

Sympathy for my GF

Tomorrow is the first day of the school year. School supplies and clothes are ready. Normally, my gf would get to go to coffee for the first time in three months with no kids. This year, she will probably be spending it at home, taking care of our youngest who developed a fever today.

The school year doesn't affect me much because I work five am to one pm all year, Monday thru Friday. The majority of the time I am home, the kids are home anyway. But, I can feel her pain. We love our kids, really. We both just long for that little bit of time to be adults with adults. The only time we get to do this is during school. We don't get lucky enough for both our kids to spend the night with family on the same night and we can't afford a babysitter. One day won't make that much difference, but it is a letdown after all the anticipation.

1 Comments:

at 9:15 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Stephanie Tyler said...

Hope your youngest feels better soon!

And yeah - I understand about the adult time - and the alone time too. I got an hour yesterday and I cherished every single second of it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home