All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Thursday, October 20

No Freaking Clue

Lately, I have been finding it very hard to center myself. My normal multi-tasking is becoming insane. Instead of knitting while I watch TV, I am knitting, watching TV, thinking about work, planning the next day's to-do list, etc.

All this jumbling up in my head is doing absolutely nothing for writing. NaNo is approaching and I have no freaking clue of what I am going to write. No plan, no ideas, blank slate here.

On top of that, the hardest part of my year is starting. Holidays, gas bills, birthdays, school field trips, blah, blah, blah just don't make life any easier when we barely scrape through without the added expense. I think I should get paid overtime just for showing up to work! Wouldn't that be nice?

The shiny side of the coin? I have my girlfriend, kids, and friends to keep my going.

2 Comments:

at 1:22 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Ronn McCarrick said...

First off, I really like the new design of the site. It doesn't hog up my processor the way the old design did with the scrolling alert banner. But this whole click two links to add a comment. It's almost too much for someone as busy as I am at night ;)

NaNo, yeah, I'm not ready either. I have the frailest wisp of an idea for a story. No outline. No characters. No plan. But hey, we've got like ten days to worry about it. No problem.

Money is always a problem. The spouse seems to think it could be solved by selling some writing. Heh. If only it was that easy.

 
at 11:02 AM, October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't money always a touchy subject?
But as long as the priorities of what's important in life are right (like yours), then it seems to work out somehow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home