All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Saturday, November 13

Rewards

I see the commercials for a certain credit card. The try telling you what is priceless and how much that priceless moment cost. Whooopie! If that moment were so priceless, how can you consider what it cost? When my son does something priceless, I don't run to my credit card bill to see how much that moment cost. I sit back burning the image into my brain and most of the time onto some 35 mm film. Priceless moments are a reward that makes you stop, look, and listen like you were going to cross a 10 lane highway. (Especially when they are with your kids)

This commercial makes me want to scream every time I happen across it. It seems to say that the only way to get those moments in time are to buy, buy, buy. It tries to tell us consumers that by being able to afford the over-priced vacation, the expensive meals, etc is the only way to have quality time. BULLSHIT. The first family bio that my youngest son brought home which had both his biological mother and me as parents will stick in my heart more than the family vacation to Chicago museums will. Those unexpected, not-a-pricetag-in-sight moments are what count, not the over-priced make-a-moment ideas that we come up with because it will make a great picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home