All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Monday, January 10

Children...Get Your Moms. NOW!

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Paperback Writer, when I saw this entry about miscarriages. I could not believe my eyes. I did not think that anyone would actually have the balls to try to pass this thing. (Deep breath, Heather. Remember, breathe deeply) Sorry, had to take a time out.

Now that my blood pressure is somewhat back to normal. The basic is this: Respresentative John A. Cosgrove (Republican, Virginia) wants to pass a law mandating that all miscarriages be reported to the police within 24 hours of occurence. Yes, I said that mothers would have to report their miscarriages to the police. A counseling agency I might, empasize might, be able to understand. But, THE POLICE, never! Who does this supposed man think that he is? Is he a sadist, rubbing salt into a wound?

Women. Stand up and be counted. Use the right to vote that we fought for. Write your congressmen, the president, anything. Try to get Cosgrove out of office. Don't sit idly by while your rights are plucked from you.

Please visit Paberback Writer's blog for contact information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home