All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Saturday, February 19

Hmmm,

A thought to ponder.

I do not write professionally. I don't know if I even want to. I have never submitted a manuscript. I cannot imagine my life without my job as a CNA. I love making that difference everyday. But, why does is frustrate me so much that I haven't been able to get those first words down on my new project?

I have a great idea, plans laid, brainstorm done, but no words are coming. I can see what I need to write. Still, a blank page and filename is all I have. Granted, this is by far the most complicated plot that I have ever attempted. But, damn it, I want words. I want something tangible. Not a movie in my head. Why does this one matter so much to me? Never before have I been so stuck and not been able to just move onto another project whether it be writing, knitting or otherwise. Suddenly, it seems as if this is becoming much more than a hobby. I've been late to return from breaks at work, forgetting to eat, ignoring my family. All because I feel compelled to make this work. Somehow.

Is my soul dreaming differently than my thoughts?

1 Comments:

at 4:42 PM, February 26, 2005, Blogger David Tebbutt said...

BrainStorm is a program with a talent for sucking ideas out of your head. You can just throw stuff in, no need to worry about structure, sequence or connections. Sort that out later. It runs on a PC and there's a free 30-day trial.
If you want a more 'human' view of what it's about, our blog has a lot of user-sourced material on it.
Of course, if you're a Mac user, it's another story.
Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home