All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Saturday, April 16

Religion And Me

To all those that email me:

Learning about different religions has always fascinated me. Yes, I believe there is a higher power. But, for all I know, it could be an alien race and we are a big science experiment. Do I think that's true, I dunno. Church, not for me. It'd probably be struck by lightning the moment I entered. In all seriousness, I've never had much to inspire faith happen.

I used to be very religious. I went to church. I prayed. A lot. I very much believed without question that God existed. But, when nothing gets better, even when you pray, pray and pray, you lose that unquestioning, unwavering faith.

I started questioning. Then, I found out that what I thought was normal kid life really wasn't. My parents had lied to me. So, I went to church. I talked to the pastor. I poured out all the soul that an eight-year-old has. I lost all faith from that conversation. It took years before I could even think about religion again. So pardon me for not being convinced by those emails.
  • Telling me that I'm going to hell for being a practicing lesbian, won't scare me into going straight. Besides, I never practiced, I was.
  • If I go to hell for having sex without the "benefit" of marriage, not my fault. I can't marry.
  • Plus, would God really make me, just so that I could go to hell for how he made me? I won't start that conversation.
  • I don't hurt anyone with my dykeness. Maybe, the focus should be on child molestors, murderers, and the people that commit real crimes that hurt people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home