All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Saturday, September 17

Ties

Every day there is a new thread. One goes to work. One for each resident, too. A thick rope ties me to my girlfriend. And don't forget the kids. The brother that won't talk to me and the one that does, once in a while. What did I forget?

Oh, the dogs, friends, and in-laws. Can't forget the bills. That is made of metal, more molten by the day. As I move towards one, the rest twist and turn, pinch and pull. Strangest of all, I feel them through an electronic void, tugging from bloggers all around. At every beat, each one becomes more firmly entwined in my heart.

My pulse is only the melody of tugs on a line.

2 Comments:

at 2:35 PM, September 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came here through Carter's blog, but I'm pretty sure I've been here before.
This time I'll be sure to return.

Beautiful post. That last line... wow!

 
at 3:56 PM, September 17, 2005, Blogger Jean said...

How true, Heather. You and Carter didn't team up on purpose on this thread did you? He took your imagery and expanded it beautifully to form a lovely duet of words. That pulse has a beautiful melody. Do everything you can to keep it playing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home