All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Saturday, September 24

Thoughts

It's amazing that no matter what life is shelling out around us, we can generally stay immersed in our own world.

I know that Rita is destroying a lot. But, I still got up, went to work, and didn't think about it until it came on the news. Selfish or human nature?

Good, hard physical labor soothes the soul.

Yesterday, I was caught up in all things trivial and depressing. Then, I helped a friend rip up carpet for a few hours. Before starting, we all looked around and stared, thinking "Where do we start? How much can we get done tonight?" We picked a corner and just did. A few hours later, we looked around and I realized that nothing is really, inherently impossible.

Anxiety makes time move slower.

Megan is out to a few friends to critique. It seems as if they have had it for years instead of a few days. I want to know. I want to fix it up. I don't want to wait anymore. Argh.

1 Comments:

at 8:38 PM, September 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love physical labour. When I was going through some hardship I decided to paint and re-tile the bathroom. The physical labour was liberating, I didn't need to think and instead of sitting, waiting, anxious, I was busy and tired.
Love your thoughts - only too true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home