All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Thursday, March 3

Perversity

People sometimes wonder how I am still alive. I have been through so much and yet don't get suicidal over it all. What's the point? No matter how bad I had it, someone will always have it worse. My heart goes out to the kids that were never heard.

It's kids that have gone through trials like this, but were never heard that break my heart. I know they are there.

"France has been horrified by the case, wondering how such widespread abuse could have gone on for so long unnoticed by social workers or the police, says the BBC's Caroline Wyatt in Paris."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4313747.stm

In my humble biased outraged opinion, it went unnoticed because few want to believe that this level of perversity could ever happen to them. "That only happens in those third world starving countries," they say. Guess what, it doesn't. Reality check. Horrible things happen. They happen near or to you, not to some stranger 3,000 miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home