All About Me

 View My Profile



 

Holly Shop





 

Blogs I Read


Subscribe with Bloglines
 

Buttons




<< Prev | Next >>


 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

 

Notable Quotes

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist.
--Isaac Asimov

 

Good Books for
a Good Cause

Vidlit for The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

Buy The Halo Effect
by M.J. Rose

 

Recently Bought


Slideshow image


 

 

Books To Buy

Slideshow image


 

 

Knick Knacks


Stop Censorship Mug


Certifiably Neurotic asswiper Tote

 

Places To Go

 

Wednesday, March 16

Boycott*

I'm going on a boycott. Never again will Bowdlerize & Nadir get any money from me. This nationwide chain had the audacity to refuse to order several books for me.

I almost understood their refusal to order a POD book. Almost. When they refused to order some books from authors that were through a publishing house, I flipped. I was told that since their warehouse was out-of-stock that they were not going to order more. Why? Because they only will order in bulk.

I don't give a rat's patootie. I'm the customer and I am always right when I'm the customer. Especially when I am willing to pay in advance. Yes, yes, I realize that they must turn a profit. (Border's has ordered POD and out-0f-stock items for me.) Since when do they get to tell me that I can't buy something? That I should read Mr. I. N. Fodump or Mrs. C. C. Plot because they are "much better authors." Bullshit. Remember America? I choose. Not Mrs. Logup Theass.

I have this nasty habit of buying books authored by not-so-well-known or unknown writers. What can I say? I like broad horizons. I like shiny new books. I like being able to say that I have almost as many authors in my humble collection as I do books. Period. Remember it's my money.

*Names have been changed to protect I don't know/care what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home