Tuesday, August 22
10 Quirky Things About Me
- Whether knitting, sewing, or crocheting, I change the pattern at least a little bit.
- I eat my meals one thing at a time.
- Teal is my favorite color.
- I am designing a Darkyn afghan. Black background with that copper-gold color from the cover of If Angels Burn, by Lynn Viehl, and that awesome circlely star thing.
- I like to study different cultures and religions.
- I like to find new authors to read, but hate one-hit-wonders.
- I want the knit patterns and theory for Holly Lisle's new project.
- I don't feel comfortable in social situations without my gf.
- I full well believe that I will die in a profoundly absurd way.
- My eleven year old son is as tall as I am, 5'2".
Gotta make it fun somehow.
OCD. Yeah, you know me.
Especially, when combined with purple.
This isn't the wierdest inspiration I have ever had.
I'm just a fountain of useless information.
I won't name any names. Adanhebrownm. Ahem. Sorry about that cough.
Culture, knitting, magic. Need I say more?
There is no need for you to know why.
Something like-a penny thrown from the top of the Empire State Building hitting my forehead and going through like a bullet.
Not only am I getting old, but I have to accept being short, too. Grr.
I was originally going to do 15, but I am just way too boring for that.
Saturday, August 19
In the last couple of months,
- I strained my ankle (grade 2) and achilles tendon. The ankle is great, tendon not so much.
- My oldest started junior tackle football.
- I am moving. My lease is up, umm, now. But, we can't move to the new house until the endish of September/beginning of October. Hiya all my friends. My family and I love you.
- My oldest broke his arm in two places.
- Crutches and I have a very love-hate relationship. Especially when I have to go up a half flight of stairs to get into my house and a flight of stairs to go to bed.
- I have finished none of my knitting projects, but have started two more.
Life is good, but a little too hectic for my liking.
Tuesday, August 15
Thoughts to Ponder
Emailed to me by my wonderful girlie.
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives. Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.
And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.
So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.
God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.
God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."
God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.
Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.
God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest.
God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery. Then Satan created HMOs.
Thought for the day . There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs and huge erections and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.